Monday, February 20, 2012

IN BLACK + WHITE

This is what I wore yesterday for a day with my family, eating too much food and spending a lot of time asleep afterwards! I love having Sunday's off work. I went a long time working them and missed out on so many days with my family and oh so many Sunday lunches! I wore a dress I received from Zalando along with some nail polish they sent me also. I chose the dress because it isn't something I would normally go for, so I wanted to see how I could make it work with my own style. The print isn't something I can normally wear, being so fair skinned, but I think it works with this little blouse. I also tried it on with a couple of cardigans I had that looked quite nice too. I think a blazer would work best but I didn't want to dress formally! Maybe something to consider for a job interview!

 
Dress - Pink Loop c/o Zalando
Blouse - Topshop
Leggings - New Look
Boots - H&M
Rings (l-r) - Car Boot, Topshop, Ever Ours
Lips - Tangerine by Laura Mercier
Nails - Peach by Pieces c/o Zalando

The dress is a little longer than it shows on the pictures, but I decided to gather it up a little at the hips. It's more fitted at the bottom so it can be worn slouchy or straight. It looks better worn straight down, but with leggings and my short little legs it didn't look quite right. It would be nice on a night out with some tan on my pasty skin and some bigger heels to show it off properly. I couldn't decide between a few dresses. but I'm glad I went for this one as it pushes me out of my comfort zone a little and allows me to experiment.
The nail polish is also from Zalando (thank you!) and I love it! It's by a brand called 'Pieces' that I had never heard of before so I was a little dubious when I chose it, but I'm really impressed. The formula and pigmentation is similar to that of Barry M. The only thing I would say is that this was described as 'Peach' on the bottle, but it's definitely more of a baby pink. There are loads of colours of this nail polish to chose from and they only cost £3 a bottle!

Have you ever tried something different to push you out of your comfort zone?


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love the dress paired with that blouse, it definitely tones down the bold pattern but I quite like the pattern anyway :) I used to be so picky about what I wear but lately I have started experimenting more to find different styles that suit me :)

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @Francesss__

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is lovely, & it looks gorgeous with a sheer blouse over.

    Catherine, XO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the dress really suits you - commendations for trying stuff out of your comfort zone. I swear I'm just veering towards black now as my definite safety net.

    Your rings are awwwshum too.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous20/2/12 22:25

    Wow I LOVE that dress. It looks gorgeous with that colour blouse too.
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just been checking out your blog. I really like this outfit :) looks so chic x

    www.mediamarmalade.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig