Wednesday, February 22, 2012

LFW A/W12 FAVOURITES #2

Another five of my favourite shows and favourite pieces from London Fashion Week! I only originally planned to do two of these posts, but actually have another two lined up in my drafts as I couldn't whittle it down. There have been so many good shows this season. I usually only find one or two that I like, but this time round there are a lot that have caught my eye.

Burberry Prorsum:
This show, entitled 'Town And Field' was high up on my list of favourites. Christopher Bailey tried to mould the two worlds together seamlessly in one collection, which worked a lot better than I thought it would. Take the sleek city style trench coats, mixed up with tweed peplum detailing and baker boy caps. I love the splashes of colour - mustard, dusky pink and indigo, and the cinched in waists with bow detail. Was really impressed with all of this collection.

Felder Felder:
Usually know for their young, rocky feel, Felder Felder seem to have grown up with this collection and created a more mature range of clothing, still keeping youthful shapes but taking a step away from the norm. I loved the gold tones running though, whether it was leather skirts, or  part of a printed dress, and I could see myself wearing most pieces of the knitwear. My favourite lok of the show was the orange jumper and floral skirt (center). Really simple but something that would translate really well to high street.

Louise Gray:
I'm not normally a fan of Louise Gray's work, but I loved this collection, and the hair and make up was so good! Every single look was a massive clash of rainbow brights and graphic prints, but it somehow worked. The grey jumpsuit with multicoloured fabric swatches /embellishment/whatever it is! was my favourite look of the set. I love the way it looks worn over a stunning blue and white blouse. The whole collection reminded me of those little clutch bags made out of recycled crisp packets and drink cartons. Crazy, quirky and cool.

Vivienne Westwood Red Label:
Kicking off with a model dressed as an old lady with a headscarf, I knew I would love this from the word go. True to form with her classic English Heritage theme, Westwood gave one of her most tame collections to date. Still edging on zany though, each look was chic and fun. I loved the tartan trousers, boiler suits and masculine tailoring.

Moschino Cheap and Chic:
Another of my favourites this season was Moschino. The cheap and chic line was as fun as always with pop art style prints (reminded me of Kandinsky and Andy Warhol from GCSE Art!) , eye popping colours and pompom collars. Teames with chic beehive hairstyles, each look had a perfect balance of sophistication and eccentricity. 


What did you think of these collections? Tomorrow morning I'll be blogging about another five, including Alexander McQueen's McQ line, knitwear king Mark Fast and Matthew Williamson.

PS. Don't forget the giveaway! I've only had two entries! There are two £20 H&M vouchers up for grabs. Get your entries in by Tuesday to be in with a chance of winning!


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Loved this season's Felder Felder and Moschino C&C, the colour palettes are perfectly balanced between bright and muted tones! And of course Burbs, Christopher Bailey can do no wrong (: the owl tees/jumpers at Burberry were so cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I forgot about the owl tees! They were super cute x

      Delete
  2. LOVE the Burberry and Felder Felder collections, lovely! :) x

    glitterfingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burberry is always amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous23/2/12 14:39

    Fab, particularly adoring Felder Felder :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig