Tuesday, March 27, 2012

FAVOURITE MAKE UP BRUSHES

I know a lot of you have been liking the beauty related posts I've been writing latey, so I thought I'd continue with them and try to do at least one a week thrown in with the usual fashion posts. This week I wanted to show you my favourite make up brushes, or the ones I use the most. They all are quite high end/high priced, but I think the quality of them is really worth it and they will last a long time. They are predominantly face brushes, but I'll go through how I use them and what I use them for. I've also linked them all in the list below the images incase you're unsure where to buy or want to know any prices. 

Top photo, left to right:
Sigma Large Powder F30
Sigma Duo Fibre F50
Sigma Large Angled Contour F40
Real Techniques Blush Brush
Real Techniques Stippling Brush
Sigma Foundation F60
Sigma Small Angle E65
Sigma Eyeliner E05

Sigma Large Powder F30 & Body Shop Face & Body Brush: I use these both for pretty much the same thing, as they are both really big and soft, perfect for powder. I apply my MAC Mineralise Skin Finish Natural with these (I use medium) as it gives a really even, light coverage great for setting make up. These are great for loose powders as well as compact.

Sigma Duo Fibre F50: I originally wanted this one for applying liquid foundation or tinted moisturiser, but when I tried it the bristles weren't dense enough and it didn't work for me. I know use this again for applying my compact powder, and sometimes for blusher if I want it more concentrated to a certain area. I use it by swirling it in a circular motion onto my face.

Sigma Large Angled Contour F40: This brush is what I reach for when I am using a bronzing powder in summer as the shape is great for contouring. I also carry this round in my make up bag as it's the perfect size for a 'multi tasking' brush, so when I'm on the go or at work I use it to apply face powder, bronzer and blush - whatever I need to touch up on!

Real Techniques Blush Brush: Self explanatory really! This is what I usually use to apply my blusher. I'm a huge fan of Real Techniques brushes as they are so soft, wash well and have a great design. The pointed shape of this means it's also good for contouring and great for controlling the amount of blush you use and where you use it.

Real Techniques Stippling Brush: This is my favourite brush of all the ones I own. I use this one for applying my tinted moisturiser in a circular swirling motion and it gives a really nice airbrushed effect. I find this far better than any other foundation brushes, and it's a great compact size.

Sigma Foundation F60: This is the brush I go to if I haven't got my Stippling Brush, or it needs cleaning. It's the classic shape, great for applying foundation in quick strokes. The finish isn't quite as smooth as what I get with the Stippling Brush, but it's still nice and easy to get good coverage.

Sigma Small Angle E65: I use this one for filling in my brows with powder eyeshadow as the shape and size are perfect for this. I use short quick 'hair like' stokes to fill them in and create a natural look.

Sigma Eyeliner E05: Obviously this is designed for eyeliner, but I like to use mine as a lip brush as it's really fine and holds lipstick really well. I only tend to use this when I'm wearing a really bright or dark colour, to line the lips for a neat finish. I've never used this for eyeliner as I don't own it in gel form, so I can't comment on how it is for that.

I have a lot more brushes than this in other makes, but these are the ones I use most often on a daily basis.
What are your favourite brushes? Do you use any of the ones above?


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Anonymous27/3/12 19:41

    Great post, I need to invest in some new brushes soon!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing what make up brushes other people use, and I love your favourites! I've enjoyed reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and I am really interested in the stippling brush / real techniques. I have heard u can pick them up in boots now...will take a look at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post, most of my brushes are from sigma. I never tried the powder brush before. Might make a cheeky order soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous collection. I have the Real Techniques blush brush and it is amazing, so soft :) Beautifully taken photos.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig