Wednesday, March 28, 2012

SITTING PRETTY STYLES: THE PASTEL BLAZER

Seeing as the weather has been so nice lately, I thought I'd continue on with the summery theme from the last couple of weeks, and style the pastel blazer. I'm hoping to buy one of the now famous Primark pastel blazers this weekend when I get paid, and I'm also awaiting the arrival of a lemon tweed style blazer that I picked up for a bargain 99p from eBay. I think I'm going to go for a pastel coral or mint green, if there are any left! For this post I've found a gorgeous pale pink River ISland number that it the perfect shape and colour for Summer. Here's how I would style it.

THE PASTEL BLAZER - CASUAL
During the day I'd dress this down with some pale blue denim skinnies or jeggings, or if the weather was good enough, maybe even cut off shorts. I'd wear it over a really slouchy silky white tee for a laid back feel, and add on a floral cotton scarf for a bit more interest. For accessories I'd stick to neutrals and tans as I think they work best for summer with looks like this, and go for some mid heeled chunky sandals and a classic satchel bag. I'd finish off with some over sized retro sunnies.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7


THE PASTEL BLAZER - FORMAL
For night time I'd play a bit more with colour, and wear the blazer with some coral high waisted shorts or culottes and a fn, floral print bralet. I love the Oasis culottes as their scallop hem adds to what would have been a plain pair of shorts and makes them a bit more quirky. The bralet adds a playful, retro feel and the colours pull the pink and the coral together. I'd wear this look with some platform wedges in nude, and some statement jewellery such as a collar necklace and gold bangles. I'd carry a nude clutch like the Miss Selfridge one I've chosen. I love the splashes of yellow as they tie in with the top really well. I'd finish off my painting my nails in a shimmery gold shade for a touch more glamour.



1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

What do you think of these two looks? How have you all been wearing your pastel blazers? Is this a trend you would wear?



 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I tried on a mint green blazer and although it looked amazing on the hanger it washed me out so badly! Kind of scared me away from pastel blazers, but this is inspiring. And when paired with those vivid jeans and nude heels... "Resistance is futile"
    It would be mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore everything in the formal outfit, I am currently trying to work out how to get my hands on it all haha :) lovely post, I love the outfits you put together!

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @FCassandraBlog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The casual outfit is my fave, I love the soft pink colour of the blazer! And that satchel just needs to be in my life.

    Lou xx
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig