Friday, March 02, 2012

MARNI FOR H&M

So it seems that H&M are doing pretty well at the minute in the way of designer collaborations. I've never really jumped on the bandwagon with any of the past ones (Sonia Rykiel,  Lanvin, Versace to name a few), and to be honest I think it's because I never really liked them that much, or they just weren't 'me'. As soon as I heard that Marni was to be the next guest designer I was immediately excited about it. It seems so long ago now that it was announced, but the wait is nearly over, with the launch set as March 8th.
How lovely is the campaign? The models are stunning and perfect for the styling, and the pieces are just gorgeous. You all know how much I love my prints, so naturally this collection is going to appeal to me, but there honestly isn't one piece I don't like. I think the best part though is the accessories. All of the necklaces are amazing, but my favourites have to be the sequin collars. If I was to buy anything, which I probably won't because I can never be bothered refreshing and waiting for AGES in online launches, it would be the collars I went for. They are perfect for accessorising just about any outfit, and I love the on below paired with a printed tee.





The above images are all from the official Look Book, which is just as gorgeous as the campaign. I'm really loving all the silk dresses and skirts, and I have my eyes on those black heels. Perfect for summer! The only thing I'm apprehensive about is the hat, but I can't say I don't like it! It's different to anything else I've seen before. 
All in all I think Marni have captured the H&M customer really well, and I can see these pieces working with so many things in my wardrobe, which shows just how wearable and versatile it all is. If I am lucky enough/ can afford to get my hands on something on the day I will let you know, but I highly doubt it! I can only dream! If you want to see any prices or the pieces in more detail before they launch, you can check them out on the website.
What are your thoughts on the Marni collection? Have you ever bought anything from the designer collaborations at H&M?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh wow these are so beautiful! Need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This collection is insanely stunning, but just gutted that I'm broke already :( none for me. I'm not even going to look on Ebay, that's the only downer to these collections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks amazing, I love the photography too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited about this collaboration! I've been a big fan of Marni for years but have never been able to afford it. It's just a shame that none of my local stores are going to stock the collection...I'll have to get online first thing...wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig