Wednesday, April 11, 2012

SITTING PRETTY STYLES: THE BRALET

I'm being optimistic this week by styling the bralet, in the hope that the sun might just come back out so that these will be acceptable attire. I love the way bralets look, and experimented with a couple on holiday last year, teaming them with high waisted denim shorts and maxi skirts, but I'd love to wear them more often. I've chosen a gorgeous floral number by Topshop to style, as I think the print works well for casual or formal styling and could go with both Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter colour palettes. 

THE BRALET - CASUAL
For daytime I would wear the bralet with some high waisted skinny jeans in a vintage style wash. I'd throw on a neutral cardigan with 3/4 sleeves, or even a nude blazer if I was to smarten it up a little, and wear a short, chunky statement necklace. I'd slip on some low heeled sandals or sling-backs in tan and carry a holdall in a similar shade. For a splash more colour I'd tie a scarf onto the bag handles, and paint my nails in a coral shade.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

THE BRALET - FORMAL:
For night time, I'd be a bit more minimalist with the way I'd wear the bralet with less accessories. I'd wear the bralet with a jersey high waisted pencil skirt in a colour that compliments the floral pattern. I'd wear some chunky sandals in black with a wooden platform, and carry an oversized black clutch like the ASOS horse print one. For jewellery I'd simply wear a gold cuff bracelet to keep the look clean, and slick on some bright red lipgloss for another splash of colour.

 
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

What do you think of the two looks? Will you be wearing bralets this summer?

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. The Bralets look lovely. I can't wait for summer to arrive! I am a follower of your blog and id love to advertise your blog on my blog? do you have a blog button which i can put on my blog?

    Thankyou
    Emma
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma,
      That's so lovely of you! I'm in the process of changing my blog ads as I've recently changed my header fonts, so if you leave me an email address, when they are ready I will send you one along :) x

      Delete
  2. I Found your email and messaged you my email address :).
    I really like the high waisted skinny jeans from topshop,
    I also like topshop's nail varnish, there are some lovely summer colours at the moment.

    Emma
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inpsiration, really want to get a bralet, need to tone up a bit first though!

    joanne from jimmilou.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've styled the bralet - particularly the casual look! X

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig