Wednesday, April 04, 2012

SITTING PRETTY STYLES: THE PEPLUM TOP

This week I thought I'd style the Peplum top I featured in my wishlist last weekend. They are a huge trend for Spring/Summer and a tricky one to wear being so structured at the hips and waist. I'm hoping to get my hands on one of these so I thought I'd feature one this week not only so I can show you ways to style it, but also for myself if I do get round to buying one! I think they would be particularly hard to style for casual wear, but I've had a go and I think it works!

THE PEPLUM TOP - CASUAL:
To dress this down I would go straight to some denim skinnies, or even possibly some cut off shorts when Spring sort's itself out! I'd then throw on a short printed cardigan in contrasting colours, and accessorise with a tan leather chunky necklace and woven slouchy shoulder bag. I personally think that a Peplum needs heels to look it's best, so I'd go for some peeptoe courts, again in a tan shade. I'd finish off with some peach coloured nails to tie all the colours together.

 

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

THE PEPLUM TOP - FORMAL:
This was a lot easier to style, purely because the Peplum is such a formal piece. This is something I'd probably wear to something like a wedding or it would be gorgeous for a prom. I found this amazing cut out pencil skirt in the same colour on the H&M website, which would make the outfit look more like a dress than a two piece. I'd pull it all together with splashes of pink for a fun twist, with a pink waist belt to sit just above the peplum, rose pink Jeffrey Campbell Foxy heels and that polkadot Topshop clutch. I'd finish off with a chunky cuff bracelet and a hot pink lipstick.
 
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

I really enjoyed styling the Peplum top as it's something that I've never tried so was fun to play around with something I haven't worn before. Have you bought into the Peplum trend yet? How do you wear yours?

PS. MAC giveaway closes tomorrow night!
PPS. I'll be giving away a free ring with all jewellery orders over £8 until midnight tonight only!



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Wishing I could carry off the peplum trend, but my hips already provide a peplum all by themselves... Still, I'm drawn to these outfits especially the makeup! The nail polish is the perfect summery colour
    It would be mine
    Keeping my fingers crossed for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really didn't go for the peplum dress trend last time round but loving the peplum tops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pencil skirt is actually amazing!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the peplum style, dresses tops gimme! Great choices

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig