Saturday, July 07, 2012

POLKA DOTS

Another lazy day for me today, apart from the odd venture out in the freak sunshine, that very quickly disappeared this evening to make way for another shower. Come on July! Sort it out! I wore my new Topshop polka dot trousers that I got in the sale a couple of weeks back. I love them so much, but I'm finding them difficult to style. I think it's the colour and the print that makes me feel as though I'm wearing my PJs, but the shirt I paired with them seemed to look ok and not too 'nightwear', I think. I did wear them to a meal out with my work friends last week, with a grey camisole which looked quite nice, but I'm still struggling. Has anybody else got these? What do you wear yours with? I think I may need to wear something fairly bright and block coloured on top. Maybe next time!



Shirt - Miss Selfridge
Trousers - Topshop
Shoes - Primark

I absolutely love the shirt I'm wearing, but it's such a nightmare! I ironed it right before these photos were taken, and already it creases. I think I've mentioned this before when I last wore it in an outfit post. It drives me insane! I only have to look at it and it creases, so it seems. I love the fit and shape though, so I still wear it!

In other news, you may have noticed the illustration in my sidebar. This is all thanks to the amazing Paige Joanna, who I came across on Facebook. Her work is incredible, and after seeing the work she had done for Steph, I knew I had to ask her to do something for my blog. She does blog headers, but I like the simplicity of mine, and I change it ALOT, so I thought a portait for the sidebar would be ideal. Her pricing is very reasonable, she worked so quickly and I love the result! Make sure you check out her Facebook page to see the rest of the work!

Hope you're all having a great weekend!


 
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Thanks for the kind words lovely :) ALSO love your trousers, you should try black heels and a black vest or a pretty blouse in another pastel shade could work quite nicely! I know what you mean they are something i would love but end up not wearing as i wouldn't know what to wear them with, be daring and clash a print :P spots 'n' stripes :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words :) and i love the trousers, maybe wear them with black heels and a black top, or clash prints, maybe a stripe top or another pastel shade? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour of these trousers so much, and the way you've styled them with the plain shirt is perfect :)

    Tor @ That's Peachy Fashion & Beauty Blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your trousers! So cuuute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those trousers look amazing, love them with the white shirt! Also loving the new image in your sidebar - it's amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. aah, i wish i had bought these when they went in the topshop sale! you look great in them

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. check out my worldwide giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could wear cropped pants the way you do - they look amazing!

    http://arrceebee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the trousers, so pretty! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not getting any pyjama vibes at all! Maybe try darker coloured tops for an "edgy" contrast?
    It would be mine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Claire. I love these Topshop trousers and think you've styled them perfectly, the shirt (even if it does crease) looks great with them. I think as long as you wear some big heels you won't risk the PJ look! Loving the illustration, as I said on your Instagram - so pretty, I'll certainly be checking out her Facebook page :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Claire, Loving the Topshop trousers, i think you've styled them perfectly. Even if it creases easily, I do like this shirt with them. I think as long as you wear some big heels you won't risk a PJ look :) Illustration is fab - I'll be checking out her FB page. x

    My latest post: http://the-fashion-bandit.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/totally-tropical-nail-art.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so good in your trousers! I had planned to get them in the sale after seeing your 'haul' post, but could only find them in weird sizes :( pant envy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I'd tuck the shirt in to really remove any pyjama-like inklings. Lovely though!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh these printed trousers look fab! I brought a pair like thyis but purple and black form Primark the other day! So similar to the topshop ones!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig