Sunday, March 17, 2013

CHECKERBOARD

What is with the weather in the UK at the minute? I just managed to take these snaps this morning before another rain shower, hence how dark and dingy the garden and the pictures look. I powered through the cold and wet though as I really wanted to get some pictures of this gorgeous Fashion Union dress that I was very kindly sent to review. I was umming and ahhing over this for a while as it looked a really lovely, relaxed shape, but I wasn't too sure if it would look right on me. I decided to take the plunge and give it a go though, and I'm really pleased I did. It has a very retro feel to it, with the pink and black checker print and the long sleeve/a line skirt combo. Very mod indeed! I also love the fabric. It's a stretchy jersey with a soft, almost velvet finish to it which is really unusual, but makes it really cosy and that little bit different. I'm wearing it today with black opaques and heels for a simple look. but I can't wait to wear this out with a splash of fake tan and some chunky black heeled sandals in the summer.

Dress - Fashion Union*
Hat - H&M
Tights - Primark
Boots - Boohoo


I also received a really pretty blouse with some gorgeous embroidered floral detail that I've already worn a couple of times for work. You'll no doubt be seeing this in an outfit post very soon! It has a western cowgirl feel to it and looks great with slouchy boyfriend jeans and pointy heels.

Have you shopped with Fashion Union? What do you think of this dress?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh this dress is too cute! Looks like you've been inspired by The Specials, my fave ska band! xx

    Made In A Cup

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous on you! Lovely and a pretty season transition outfit! X

    Thegirlwithtoomanyclothes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I really like the shape of this. I wish more dresses were trapezey like this!
    X

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig