Saturday, August 25, 2012

SITTING PRETTY LOVES: BILL + MAR

Tonight I thought I would show you all a really cool brand I've discovered recently As you all know I do this feature to show off some great brands that I find but maybe aren't as well known as most. Bill + Mar has what I think it one of the nicest A/W collections I've seen so far, what with it's fusion of tie-dye and animal prints in deep greens and khakis and inky blue with purple, mixed with block colours of black, navy blue and red. I love a good collared shirt, and this collection does not disappoint in that department! I love the various cuts and the simplicity of each item. Even though some pieces are heavily printed, they are still really wearable and don't look overly busy or over the top.  My favourite piece is definitely the purple printed shirt with a black collar and cuffs. The shirt looks oversized on the image, almost like a trapeze shape, which I really like. It would look amazing with denim shorts, Disco pants or even skinny jeans!
All items - Bill + Mar

I also love the background of the brand, founded by Bonnar, who name the brand after her grandparents (n'aww!) Bill and Marian. Rosie was inspired by the scenery and energy of Sydney after spending a year there, and started her label in 2010 when she retuned to London. Simple silhouettes mean the garments are very wearable and will fit into most wardrobes, yet their prints and textures make them stand out from the rest. Already loved by the likes of Jessie J and Eliza Doolittle, the brand is becoming a hit with celebrities too!

I can't wait to see what else is to come from this brand. I'm predicting big things for Bill + Mar! What do you think?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I lvoe that red dress! So nice! :)) Great post, I've never heard of the brand before and I really like it!


    Lots of love,
    Sabina
    xxx

    Enter my studded corset giveaway in collaboration with Kat Valdez!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig