Wednesday, September 26, 2012

ACHICA

A few weeks back I was contacted by the nice folk over at Achica. Until then, all I knew about the brand was that it had a snazzy television advert starring Wayne Hemingway, and stocked designer home wares. After a little research I discovered that Achica is an online store offering exclusive discounts on designer goods for short periods of time. Although the majority of items are for the home, ranging from kitchenwares and soft furnishings to decor and stationery, many of the sales often feature fashion items, food and drink, and even short breaks away! 
I was very kindly given £30 to spend on the site, so after carefully planning out which sales I was going to hit (you can see a calendar of upcoming sales happening a few days before they start) I set about spending my £30. Having spent the past six months or so collecting things for when I eventually get a place with Dan, I thought I would get a couple of things to add to the pile accumulating in the corner of my bedroom. 
First off I clicked to a Designer Stationery sale that had started, in the hope of finding some nice pieces for the home. Amongst an array of beautiful stationery, I spotted this adorable Emma Bridgewater Recipe Box and immediately added it to my basket. I've always been a fan of cooking, and could easily spend a whole day watching cookery programmes, so this was something I wanted as soon as I saw it. It comes with little cards inside for you to jot down recipes, and Starter/Main/Desert separators for you to split your recipes into categories with. I thought it would be lovely to have on a kitchen shelf alongside cookery books, as a place to write down inspiration or recipes I have tried and loved.




Emma Bridgewater Recipe Box, Funkin Mixer Cocktails & Kingsley Hand Towels - All Achica*

Secondly, I opted for a pair of hand towels in navy blue, to pair with some slate grey bath towels I have bought. These ones are by Kingsley and are made from a really soft Egyptian Cotton. I'm a bit of a sucker for towels and will no doubt having way too many when I move eventually, but the more the better! These were part of a bathroom accessories sale on Achica.

Finally, with the last of my voucher, I bought some cocktail mixes by Funkin. My favourite cocktail of all time is Strawberry Daquiri, so when I saw this one available I snapped one up pronto. In the kit you get 8 sachets of the mix that you add to ice and white rum. They taste so nice that I wish I had got a couple of different flavours! 

With delivery my order cost just under £30, and my savings added up to almost £20, which may not sound all that much but when you think of how much I got, and the great brands they are, it is a really good discount. The prices are amazing for some of the larger items such as furniture, so it is definitely a place I will take a look at when it comes to buying bulkier objects for the home. Achica is especially good if you want something a little higher end, or a bit quirky and different to anything else, but don't want to pay the high price.

Overall, I would highly recommend the company. Their offers are great, the delivery is efficient and the site is easy to use. I love the whole concept of Achica, and the exclusive feel it has, and I think there should be a lot more sites using a concept like this as it is such a different, exciting way to shop!

Have you used Achica before? What do you think of their concept?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Hello Claire,

    I have never heard of Achica before but it looks really good. I really love the recipe box too!

    Thanks for introducing me to this shop

    Emma xx
    Emmaknitted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig