Thursday, May 29, 2014

BEAUTY TIPS: HOW TO FAKE A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP

Many mornings I find myself waking up with the dreaded eye bags and a dull complexion, but there are so many little tricks that I use to perk up my skin and have me feeling fresh and human in no time! I thought I'd share some of my top tips with you all, covering everything from preparing your skin the night before, right through to the finishing make up touches the morning after. I've also made a cheeky little video covering some of my favourites. Enjoy!
Prep:
If you're up late and know you'll need to look your best the next morning, then preparing yourself and your skin the night before is key! Always remember to take off all your makeup to ensure the skin can breath, and use a good night cream to keep it moisturised and nourished.
Make sure you get a good beauty sleep (even if it is only for a few hours!) by wearing an eye mask whilst you get your forty winks. Mine is filled with lavender which is great to help you relax!

Looking after the inside:
Starting the day with a good breakfast is an absolute must for me, even if it's something small. I can never understand how people can skip breakfast. By 9am my stomach is rumbling! My breakfast of choice at the moment is peanut butter and sliced banana on a slice of wholemeal toast. It gives me a huge energy boost and kick starts me into action. I'm caffeine intolerant, so a wake up coffee is a no-no for me. Instead I like a glass of cold water with fresh lemon to refresh and rehydrate me and flush out all the nasties!



Skincare:
I always like to wash my face with a good everyday cleanser like Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish, but on days when my skin needs an extra boost, I go for a gentle scrub to exfoliate away any dead skin cells. I like to use the St Ives Apricot Scrub as it's nice and gentle yet your skin feels like it's getting a really good deep cleanse. It also smells amazing! After cleansing I always, without fail, use my Origins GinZing moisturiser*. The citrus scent really picks me up and it makes my skin feel wide awake and look fresh and healthy! Finally, I like to use a refreshing eye gel like the Dr Organics Aloe Vera Eye Gel*, but I actually store this in the fridge! The cold on my skin in the mornings wakes me up super quickly and feels amazing, especially in summer!

Makeup:
I always prime my skin before using any makeup, so that I get a really nice base and a flawless finish. My primer of choice at the moment is the Vitamin C Skin Reviver from The Body Shop, which much like the Origins moisturiser, has a gorgeous citrus scent that feels so refreshing on my skin. Next, depending on how my skin is looking that day, I would either go for a BB cream for a light coverage, or my Nars Sheer Glow if I'm suffering from blemishes or redness. 
I then use a concealer under my eyes to counteract the dreaded dark circles. At the minute I'm loving the Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer* as it has a really lovely consistency that blends really well. I just pat this on with my ring finger until it's blended nicely, then I use a little of my Body Shop Lightening Touch highlighter in the inner corners of my eyes to really make them pop.
For some final finishing touches, to really open the eyes up you can add some false lashes for an extra bit of oomph! I like my falsies to look as natural as possible, and the Eyelure No.070s* are great for that as they add volume without looking obviously fake. If falsies aren't your thing though, another thing I like to do is draw attention away from the eyes and use a bold colour on the lips. There's something about a red lip that makes the rest of the skin look flawless, and it means that all the attention is off your eyes, which may be looking a little sleepy!

Hair: 
A sneaky tip of mine when it comes to hair, is to style it whilst you sleep. Low maintenance styles that are quick to fix when you rise are key. I like to plait my hair before going to bed for beachy waves, or wrap my hair around a hair band like this for quick curls. Both are really effective and take no time at all to do at night, and seconds to style in the morning. Another quick trick is to use hair extensions like KapelloHair clip ins for instant fullness and a style that looks like you've been working on it for hours! If you're eyes are looking a little tired or your skin may not be at it's best, then make sure the first thing they see is the hair!

So there's my tips for faking a good night's sleep and fooling people in to thinking you are fresh as a daisy in the mornings, even after the heaviest of nights! I'd love to hear your tips too. Share them in the comments below!

**This post was written in conjunction with Time4Sleep. Some products have been gifted for the purpose of this post, howver I have not been compensated to write this article. As always, opinions are 100% honest and my own.**


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig