Saturday, May 16, 2015

SMART CASUAL

Ever since my collaboration with La Redoute where I styled up a shirt dress, I've been a bit addicted to the things! They're just so easy to style, work for so many occasions and can turn a pretty standard every day outfit in to something that looks like you made a huge effort. Enter this gorgeous baby blue shirt dress from Apricot. A relaxed floaty fabric, handkerchief style hem and a shade of blue that suits my pale complexion. All boxes ticked!
 








Shirt Dress - Apricot*
Jeans - H&M
Sandals - River Island
Bag - Warehouse
Sunglasses - Black Five*
Watch - Daniel Wellington via Very
Rings - Pandora

Now the weather in Preston isn't the most predictable, and yesterday we were greeted with a whole host of sun, showers and winds, so I opted to go for jeans instead of bare legs (I'm not quite ready to expose any more flesh yet... and I don't think you'd be prepared for my paler than pale legs) but I really like the way they look together. To be honest I think the shirt may be a little short on my frame to wear alone, but it might be something I try on holiday one evening with a pair of gladiator sandals. It's also available in khaki too, which would be perfect with tan accessories on my jollies!

I think I can safely say that this is one item of clothing that will be sticking around in my wardrobe for some time, as it's perfect for work, great for those off duty days and such an easy item to wear. Love!

How do you feel about the shirt dress trend? How do you style yours?

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh wow, you look stunning Claire, that dress is just fab x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Literally so effortlessly cool! gorgeous lady x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig