Friday, November 04, 2016

9-5 DRESSING + HOW TO NAIL THAT JOB INTERVIEW

One of the many things I love about my job is how I get to wear my own clothes and don't have to stick within the constraints of a uniform. Obviously I still have to look professional and put-together, but I can still express my personality through my clothes and experiment with new trends. Being an ex fashion styling student, clothing is one of my true loves, and being able to put together a look for work each night before I go to bed is a favourite part of my routine (most of the time), but I still feel like my Winter work wardrobe needs a couple extra pieces to be complete. Here are some items I'd love to add to my collection!
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

A trend I love in workwear which is huge right now is power dressing - a crisp shirt, statement blazer and wide leg trousers paired with some oh-so-stylish shoes is the ultimate failsafe look for those all important meetings, or if you want to nail that upcoming job interview! What you wear to your interview can be just as important as the things you say, as an outfit can show glimpses in to your personality and attention to detail, so if you have an interview looming then think carefully about your appearance! I remember for my interview a few years back for my role, which thankfully went really well, I donned a pair of monochrome checked skinny trousers teamed with a simple black long sleeved t shirt, a black loose fit blazer and some nude heels and I felt super confident in it! The look showed that I loved fashion but it also looked professional and well presented.

There are many online tools like job offers sites such as Jobrapido that can help those of you who may be on the look out for a new career path, and they also have a great Help Centre section with other handy interview tips!  I've been on both sides of the table when it comes to interviews and have been in a fair few of them so far! Some of my top tips for prepping for an interview would be:

  • Get a good night's sleep the night before! Put the revision down, have a relaxing bath and unwind with an early night to ease any stress or tension.
  • Don't forget to take something with you to refer to in your interview, whether that's your CV, a portfolio of all your favourite pieces of work you've done, or a piece of work that you feel is relevant to the role - it shows you have great initiative! 
  • Have something prepared to ask the interviewer. When you're asked if you have any questions, that's your chance to get to know more about the company and show that you are genuinely interested in the role.
  • Follow up! After your interview, be sure to email to interviewer to thank them for meeting with you. Something so little like this can go a long way.
What would you wear for a job interview? What would be your top tips for nailing an interview? Good luck if you have one on the horizon!

C x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig