Wednesday, March 30, 2011

THRIFTY FINDS

Hello all! Finally I can relax as my dissertation and final project have both been handed in, but only for a few minutes as I also now have a business plan to write, along with a presentation to plan in just a week. Stress! I tend to work better under pressure though, so I should be fine. Thank you for all your nice comments regarding work load over the past couple of weeks. I'll be doing a post with my final images before the week is out, so keep your eyes peeled for that.
The week so far has been lovely. After handing in our work on Monday, I had a full English breakfast followed by a few drinks in the sunshine with some friends to celebrate, then Dan and I spent the evening watching Glee and eating lots of yummy food. Yesterday I had a well deserved lie in and (another) full English, and went to a local charity shop for a nosey round. We also made chocolate crispy cakes and walked Toby when the weather bucked up later on. I've been trying to make the most of the last few days before I get my head down to some work again, so after eating a homemade chicken and black bean stir fry with egg fried rice for tea tonight, I shall start the business plan.
Anyway, here's what I'm wearing today. The shirt and blazer were both from my trip to the charity shop yesterday. I love the detail on the blouse, and the blazer is the perfect fit - not too tight, not to loose. They were £2.50 each which I thought were amazing bargains, so I snapped them up fast!

Blazer - Charity Shop
Vintage Blouse - Charity Shop
Vintage Levis Cut Offs - COW Manchester
Tights - Primark
Loafers - New Look
Rings - Topshop

I've bought a few bargains recently from different places such as charity shops and eBay, so if you would like me to do a post on thrifty shopping let me know, whether it be pictures of what I've bought, or tips for hunting down goodies!

Oh, and don't forget to check out my eBay listings in the post below. I'm offering all my blog and Twitter followers half price postage, so be sure to take a look! I'm selling lots of one off vintage pieces and even the dress I wore to my 21st.
Also, I've added my Apple iPod Touch, 4th Generation, 8gb to the listing aswell, so if you know anyone that is after one, spread the word!
xox
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. That blouse is gorgeous...I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the feeling of having absolutely no Uni work to do, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the patterning on that shirt, and obv the colour is delicious!
    Congrats on handing in the disso, and good luck with this business plan, sounds scary! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I adore the blazer & the shirt! Both amazing finds :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blouse + blazer, they're so beautiful and cheap! I'd love to see a thrifty post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blouse is so nice! I love having a mooch around the charity shops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shirt, it's such a lovely colour! Please do a post on the other bargains you've found recently x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well jealous that you have handed in your work, I've got a design history essay to do for Monday but I just keep putting it off :|
    Great finds, I love the colour and the detail on the blouse :) I like reading other peoples thrifty finds and the tips sound good.
    Rachelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bargains. Look great too.

    Well doneon the uni work

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my, your blazer is amazing, what a find! such a lovely length and i adore how you have folded the sleeves up. it suits you perfectly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so want that Blazer... the whole outfit is perfecto!!!

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what bargains! Love the colour of the shirt!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh they're both great finds. all the blazers in my charity shops are HUGE sizes sadly x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely blouse, and I picked up almost the exact same rings in the Topshop sale. Off to browse your bog sale now... :o)

    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to start charity shop - shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love this :) You look fab!

    xx

    http://wearenouvellevague.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the colour of the blouse xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig