Tuesday, July 19, 2011

VERY YELLOW

When the lovely people over at Very sent me an email about their latest collections, I couldn't wait to blog about them. Not only are there ranges by two of my favourite female celebrities, Fearne Cotton and Willoughby, but now Very has teamed up with the gorgeous Diana Vickers! Love her or loathe her, I urge you to check out her range if you love anything vintage or sixties inspired. I'll go into more depth about the collections in a mo, but first let me show you a piece that I was lucky enough to be sent. This beautiful dress is from the Fearne Cotton A/W collection. At first glance, many would brand this as being too bright, or too garish, but after looking at it properly you will see a stunning summery yellow drop back dress, complete with a seaside inspired seagull print. The fit is perfect on me, and the quality is amazing, much better than I had expected!
Dress - Fearne Cotton, c/o Very
Tights - Primark
Shoes - New Look
(Photos edited using Carrie's Photoshop actions!)

How awful does it feel to be pulling out your winter clothes? I felt like such a traitor wearing tights in July! I had planned wearing this bare legged with my trusty Primark lace up wedges for a summery look, but since summer has disappeared in the UK, I doubt I'll be able to do that until holiday now! I was quite surprised at how versatile this dress is. Being such a bright colour I thought it would be difficult to style, but I've tried it with everything from sandals and boots to cardigans and blazers and it seems to suit most things I pair it with.

Here's what Very say about the new A/W collections by the three ladies, and my opinions on each range.

They say - "Bold vintage inspired print dresses are the order of the day from Fearne this season with tartan check playing a strong role. The cape is the key shape for that statement item with long sleeve dresses a must have for a night on the town."
I say - A true reflection of Fearne's style. A little bit vintage, a little bit rocker, a little bit indie. An amazing mix of vintage prints and quirky shapes. I can imagine every single piece being worn by her in her day to day life.

They say - "Longer lengths and simple lines give this collection the air of sophistication delivered so naturally by Holly. Capped sleeves and nipped in waists in strong colours give the perfect silhouette for that day to evening look."
I say - Holly down to a 'T'. Oozing glamour in a retro fashion. Pillar box reds, and simple monochromes. Channels Holly's yummy mummy style perfectly with figure hugging dresses with a forties feel.

They say - "In keeping with her signature style, Diana brings a collection of vintage inspired pieces including 60's inspired shift dresses, 50's hem lines and oversized straight cut coats. Key pieces lend themselves to being dressed up or down for the perfect transition outfit from day to night."
I say - Diana has to be one of my favourite celebrities when it comes to style. I love her personal style and how she makes something vintage look up to date. These pieces are so suited to her, with over sized coats and little dresses, all with her signature vintage feel.

As you can see, all three collections are lovely, but Fearne's is hands down my favourite. Be sure to check them out in full on the Very site.
Which is your favourite collection?
xox
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. They're all gorgeous but Fearne's is definitely my favourite too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a voucher to spend on Very and am at a loss - I can't choose what to spend it on! I LOVE the bird-embroidered Dee V skirt, but my size is all gone :(
    I'm considering just getting perfume which I've always wanted now, haha.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana Vickers is incredibly annoying but she does have some nice clothes! I was eyeing up one of her playsuits on very for a while.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. been looking at her new line for ages so cute, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks lovely on you! I was contacted by the same people and went for the cape as I didn't think this dress looked very nice but seeing it on you has totally changed my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous21/7/11 13:47

    All three collections are lovely. I've always been a massive fan of Fearne's range for Very & that dress is beautiful! Definitely my cup of tea, it looks gorgeous on you!
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this dress, it is such a gorgeous colour. I have been eyeing it up on the website. I think this year is Fearnes best collection yet!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this dress, it's my favourite of Fearne's latest collection, but wearing yellow makes me look sallow - but it looks fab on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Love that FC dress! I have only recently discovered Very and I think its brilliant! Fairly priced also which is always a plus point!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderfull dress :) U look nice in it
    ------
    http://margariii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. this dress looks wonderful on you!! x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig