Sunday, December 11, 2011

MANCHESTER CHRISTMAS MARKETS

Today, Dan and I spent the afternoon in Manchester mooching round the Christmas markets. I've never been before and planned to go last year, but the snow stopped us. It was so lovely to be in the hustle and bustle and get into the Christmas spirit. We didn't stay too late, just as it started to get dark, but it was just enough time to get a sausage sandwich and hot chocolate and see most of the stalls. I just wish I'd had some more money as I saw so many lovely things to buy, not just for me but for gifts too. I took lots of pictures, so I will leave you with those rather than babble on!









Hat - Primark
Fur Collar - H&M
Jacket - Topshop
Jumper (just seen) - H&M
Blouse  (just seen) - Oasis
Mittens - Oasis
Bag - H&M

As you can see, oh so Christmassy! If you haven't been before I'd definitely recommend going for a day out, or even an evening after work as the atmosphere is great. They're open daily, some until 7, others until 9 and finish on the 21st of December. I would have stayed a couple of hours longer but my feet were so tired and the hot chocolate sent me a little sleepy! 
Have you been to this year's markets? What did you think?



SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Love a bit of Christmas Market action, and the lit up reindeer! We had those in Bristol the last 2 years but they've got rid of them this Christmas :(

    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty! I love the last photo, and your hat is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been to a market yet, but I will soon! And I'll get carameled apples and cotton candy and hot chocolate :D It's such a perfect time of the year, all so festive and happy! I love your mittens! Happy week!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manchester markets are the highlight of the Christmas build up! I love them far too much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to go to the Manchester Christmas Markets! Your hat is lovely, I wish I could pull off a hat like that :)

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @Francesss__

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Christmas markets, always full of unique things... haven't had the chance to go to my local one though, it was only there for 2 days :(

    The Deer Head

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely lovely pictures!! I wish we had markets like those in Singapore...

    x Aliya
    www.papermoonsandmacarons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always your pictures look great! As does that hot chocolate.
    I went to the Christmas market in Birmingham but I think it was the first Saturday it opened as it was rammed, you couldn't even get near any stalls

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that looks divine, so in the festive spirt.
    X x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am dying to pay a visit to a Christmas market, I was thinking maybe winter wonderland in Hyde park but it will be completely rammed :( Might make it before Christmas!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This all looks so magical! I wish there were markets like that where I live! Lovely post xx

    Tor @ Thats Peachy Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your outfit, I wish ihad the confidence to pull of the hat, it's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig