Wednesday, December 07, 2011

SITTING PRETTY STYLES: THE FAUX FUR JACKET

This week's Sitting Pretty Styles is based on the classic winter staple, the faux fur coat. I wanted to use a block coloured fur in a neutral shade, but couldn't find one in stock that I liked, so went for the gorgeous leopard print one in the looks. I always try to chose things that I would wear myself so that I keep these true to my own style and the blog, and I would definitely wear this coat. I spotted a similar one in Tesco a couple of months back and fell in love with it but couldn't afford it at the time. Kicking myself for not just getting it! 

THE FAUX FUR JACKET - CASUAL LOOK
For a casual look I would pair this coat with pretty much anything. It would look oh so cute with a little dress and tights with ankle boots, but I think it would look best teamed with skinny fit jeans and a slouchy jumper. I'd turn up the hems on the jeans and add on some little lace ankle socks with some lace up brogues, fastened all the way up. I'd add on a floppy hat for effortless chic and paint my nails in some gorgeous wintery shades. For when it gets chilly I'd add on some leather gloves with a knit trim to tie in with the jumper. I'd also wear a simple long necklace and carry an oversized bag in a similar shade to the shoes.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

THE FAUX FUR JACKET - FORMAL LOOK
For evening I would throw this over a simple black skater dress. I'd stick to something simple as the print is so bold on the coat, so this little sparkly Topshop number is perfect. I'd team it with some chunky ankle boots and a satchel style bag. For accessories I would cinch in the waist with a gold skinny belt, and wear a statement necklace and cuff also in gold. For finishing touches I'd add a splash of colour with a pillar box red lipstick and festive coloured nails. 


1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

What do you think? Now that I've done this post I reaaaaallllyyy want that coat! I don't have a faux fur coat and could really do with one now that the weather is so cold. What do you wear yours with? I've got a day off from work tomorrow so will try get an outfit post up if I get chance/ remember to take pictures before it gets dark. Can't believe Wednesday is nearly over already. This week is flying by! I'm off to the Manchester Christmas markets on Sunday with Dan. I've never been before and I'm so excited! We did plan to go last Christmas but it snowed heavily so we didn't bother. Fingers crossed it stays away for the weekend!


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. That coat is amazing! I especially love the formal look you've put together - amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you put outfits together is amazing! I love that necklace in the formal outfit, I saw one like that on eBay a couple of weeks ago and I still want to buy it!
    I really want a faux fur coat aswell, I saw one on ASOS a couple of months ago that had ears on the hood, but I've been too poor to buy it ever since :'(

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: Francesss__

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both these outfits, that jacket is just gorgeous! I haven't got a faux fur jacket but I really want one, they look so cosy!

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig