Monday, June 04, 2012

JUBILEE BLOG PARTY

Today's outfit post is a little different to the usual, as it is especially to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee! A couple of weeks back I was contacted by George, asking me to take part in a Jubilee Blogparty as one of thirty bloggers, to celebrate the Jubilee weekend. I was asked to choose a dress from the website that symbolised a decade of the Queen's reign, so I decided on this gorgeous maxi dress. I thought this channeled the 70s perfectly with its shape and colours, and almost hippy style feather print. I can't believe how perfect the dress fits, and it is only £14 at full price, now in the sale at £8.50! An amazing bargain for such an on trend piece. I adore the cut out shoulders and cinched in waist, and think the shape is really flattering for my body shape.


Dress - co/ George at ASDA
Boots - Topshop
Bracelets - c/o Love To Shine
Nails - Fifth Avenue by Essie
Lips - Nicely Nude by ELF

I'm also wearing some gorgeous bangles that I was sent by Love To Shine, from their new African inspired range. I thought they would go really well with the colours and style of the dress, and I love the chunky yellow leopard print bangle against the thin square version. The green bangle also looks lovely worn further up the arm. These aren't the kind of bracelets I would wear every day, but I think with an outfit like this for a dressed up occasion, they work really well for a statement. They have loads of gorgeous designs on the website, and their prices are really reasonable, so I'd recommend taking a look!

Of course you can't have a Jubilee party without some goodies, so ASDA very kindly provided all bloggers with a commemorative cup and saucer, amazing Emma Bridgewater Jubilee fudge, a vintage style tablecloth and some bunting to get our tea parties on their way. I set mine up at home with Dan and my parents for a mini party before heading out to a street party, with the fudge being the highlight - seriously the nicest I've ever eaten! I made rice crispy cakes with my mum too, with red and blue sweets and Union Jack cake toppers to complete the festivities.


Tablecloth, bunting, commemorative cup and saucer and Emma Bridgewater fudge - all c/o ASDA

Spent the rest of the afternoon stuffing my face with lovely food at my sister's street party, and watching the Jubilee concert on TV. I'm not a royalist but I have loved the past couple of days, not only for the extra days off, but because it has really been a weekend to remember, that most of us will no doubt never experience again in our lifetimes. It feels good to be British right now, that's for sure!
How have you all been celebrating? If you took part in the Blog party, please link me to your posts as I'd love to see all yours!


SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I love that dress so perfect! And the spread of food looks patriotic AND delicious hehe :)

    Karys x
    whoisgrumblebeard.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dress looks absolutely beautiful. and your right, it does flatter your figure, you look gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh you look fab, and that dress is awesome! Very jealous of all you bloggers that got that YUMMY looking fudge. Drooling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is lovely. How kind to even supply goodies to eat and a posh cup for your tea too.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. yuuummmmm times 100

    http://babyrouge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is amazing!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh the goodies from ASDA look so good, how kind! The dress is gorgeous on you too, the shape really is flattering on you! :)

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress looks gorgeous on you! The goodies look extra yummy too :)xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you liked the bangles ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the dress fit you really well! so cool! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous dress, oh that little tea party looks so good, I havn;t had rice crispie buns in ages!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig