Wednesday, December 05, 2012

CHRISTMAS GIFT IDEAS + SHOPPING TIPS

When it comes to Christmas I like to think of myself as being pretty organised and good at picking out the perfect presents. One of my favourite things to do at Christmas is shop for presents, which I know most people hate! I love to get all my gifts together and wrap them beautifully. We're talking co-ordinating wrapping paper, metre after metre of curling ribbon, pretty bows and matching gift tags. I'm always proud of how the presents look and if I'm honest, I kind of don't want them to be opened! 
Seeing as I've got my shopping pretty much done and dusted, I thought I would do a little more browsing for you lovely lot, and put together a little gift guide for him and for her. Let's face it, the 'for her' section is basically things I would like myself, but Ive tried to do a range of things including small pocket money stocking fillers, and expensive gift sets, so to suit most budgets.


1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

I've done the majority of my shopping online to help get the price down this year, using sites such as Amazon and Play for books, CDs and films. Check out stores like H&M, Missguided, Glamorous and Boohoo for cheaper alternatives to top high street stores. The clothes are just as good, but lower in price. When it comes to stocking fillers, I've even been using eBay to pick up quirky pieces for next to nothing. Another tip is to scour the internet for discount codes. Sites such as discounthunt are great for finding money off vouchers to get the price of your basket down. Currently the site has Glamorous, Debenhams, Boots, Motel Rocks and Nelly voucher codes to name but a few.



1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 

Another tip of mine would be to keep an eye out for stores offering 3 for 2 promotions. I've taken advantage of this loads in the past, especially at Boots, as there are some great gifts on offer and the cheapest one is free! If you do it properly and are buying a lot, work out the cheapest way to split the items up and go to the till a couple of times rather than doing it all at once! Plus, if you have an Advantage card you will probably have got all your Christmas vouchers through the post. There are a couple that entitle you to 200 points when you spend over £20, and 300 when you spend over £30. You might not know this, but you can use these alongside the Double Points coupon you get (that you can use twice!), so instead of 200 and 300 points, you can bag yourself 400 and 600, a whole £10 worth!

I hope my tips for Christmas shopping help you this year! How far along are you with your shopping? 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love gift guides!! not only to give me ideas of what I could buy others but it also makes me put stuff on my own list!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/12/12 22:09

    So much good stuff here! I love that fur collar, and the boy's christmas jumper is so cool xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great post,feel really inspired now! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls pyjama's are so cute! I know want pretty much everything on here!

    lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want Number 14. Such a sucker for cosmetics:P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when bloggers do gift guides they give me such good ideas on what to get people as well as ideas for myself. I really love the girly make up bag.
    http://joannavictoria-x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I love this stuff! Now craving half of the stuff on the ladies list <3

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig