Sunday, April 07, 2013

LASHES OF LONDON

Where do the weekends go?! This one seems to have flown by so fast! It's been lovely nonetheless though, spent with family and friends, spending too much money and eating too much as usual. Anyway, I've been meaning to show you this dress for a while but have only just been able to squeeze this post in, plus I was waiting for the weather to improve as I didn't want to wear it with tights! It's a gorgeous summery dress from Lashes of London, in a lovely white Broderie Anglais style fabric. It's a little different though, as it has neon yellow cuffs and lining that you can just see through the white, making it right on trend with the neon look that is doing the rounds, but in a subtle way if you didn't want to do it full on. Being pale skinned, I struggle with neon as it really doesn't look right without a tan in my eyes, but this dress allowed me to dabble in the trend without feeling silly!


VfCHkd on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs
Dress - Lashes Of London*
Biker Jacket - Topshop
Converse - Zalando*

I threw my biker jacket on over the top to toughen the look up a little, and wore my black Converse out to balance out the colours and keep it casual. This is the kind of thing I love to wear in the Summer, something girly but dressed down for comfort. I also added an extra pop of neon colour with my lipstick, which is Mac's Viva Glam Nicki, a gorgeous yellow toned pink that comes off almost like highlighter pink on my lips! I've had this pretty much since it launched but the colour is so bright and summery I've had it stored away until now!

Have you shopped with Lashes of London before? How do you wear the neon trend?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. love how you've balanced out this outfit. The gif is pretty cool too!
    tie-dye-eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7/4/13 18:12

    I LOVE how you pair dresses with converse - you look amazing xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you look lovely claire! X

    Thegirlwithtoomanyclothes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is so lovely! I wish I could pull off more white, I'm too deathly pale for it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love the jacket.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig