Tuesday, April 09, 2013

MATALAN STYLE PROJECT: CHINA BLUE

You may have seen on Twitter today that I am taking part in the latest Style Project with Matalan this month. If you haven't heard pf the Style Project before, basically Matalan select 3-4 bloggers, give them each a budget of £50 and ask them to create a look from a certain trend using only Matalan products. This month, the theme was China Blue, a gorgeous trend that features a range of blue prints with an oriental feel, and lots of denim pieces.
I'm wearing a lot of denim at the moment, so I decided to go for something a little different and interpret the trend in a slightly more formal way, by taking the lovely paisley printed trousers and styling them into a smart/casual look. I opted for a slouchy t shirt which I tucked in to ensure the trousers were the main focus of the outfit, and teamed it with nude accessories in the form of patent stilettos and a satchel bag. I'm really pleased with the whole look and think it is perfect for Spring. It's the kind of thing I would l wear to work, or dress down with flats for casual days.










T Shirt - here
Trousers - here
Heels - here
Bag - here
All Matalan*


If you would like to take a look at the Matalan blog and see the other entries then you can find the post here. I would love it if you would take a second to vote for me in the comments section! The competition is tough this time with some lovely bloggers that have created some really great looks from the China Blue range.
Big thank you to Matalan for asking me to be involved in this month's Style Project. May the best outfit win!

What do you think of the China Blue trend? Is this look something you would wear?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Love the bag and shoes! Matalan have some really great pieces in at the moment - I popped in last week! Hope you win :)

    Paula ♥ | http://www.la-vida-fresa.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love everything about this look! I want it all :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. uuuhmazing trousers, what a great print

    ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want those pants now, they look amazing with the tee and heels!!

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect trousers!!! i think i am in love
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect outfit!! Love that look, great for Spring. They're amazing trousers!
    You look beautiful



    Blog at: Emily Jay's Masquerade

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit, and the print on those trousers are exactly what I've been looking for recently! I feel a little splurge coming on next pay day oops.

    louisejoyb x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig