Sunday, May 31, 2015

DRESSING UP FOR A SUMMER OCCASION WITH M&S

Yesterday evening Dan and I headed out to celebrate the wedding of one of my oldest friends at the beautiful Inn At Whitewell. It was such a gorgeous location and the bride and groom looked so lovely! Rewind a few weeks when panic set in for myself because I couldn't find the dress I had in my mind, and the lovely folk at M&S came to my rescue just in time! Dressing for a wedding is always something I find a little difficult because I never really know just how formal to go, especially when you're attending the night do. If you're in a bit of a dilemma like I was then the Marks & Spencer Ultimate Dress Guide is here to help! To celebrate the launch of this and the new Summer occasion wear range, M&S kindly let me pick out my ultimate occasion look, which of course I chose to wear to the wedding. Here's the look I picked out.














Dress (here) - M&S*
Sandals (here) - M&S*
Clutch Bag - Mulberry Outlet at Cheshire Oaks*
Necklace (here) - M&S*


I must admit that M&S wouldn't be the first choice when looking for something like this, but I was pleasantly surprised at how many lovely dresses there were! I chose a simple dress that I felt was very 'me' (stripes and monochrome are kind of my thing right now!) in a flattering length and relaxed tie waist fit. I felt a million dollars in this little number, and was actually pleasantly surprised at the quality and fabric when it arrived. It's quite weighty without being too heavy, and is fully lined which is a huge plus for a pale dress! I then chose some stunning nude lace up stilettos to add length and height to my short legs, and picked out a beautiful statement necklace in subtle pastel shades. 
I absolutely loved how the whole look came together and like I said, I felt great in the outfit last night. What I love the most is that I can get lots of wear out of everything time and time again, especially the dress which would look great with some pointed flats and a little jacket for work.

I'd definitely recommend taking a look at the M&S dresses if you're struggling like I was! 

Have you got any weddings coming up this Summer? What will you be wearing?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig