Wednesday, October 10, 2012

L'OREAL EXTRAORDINARY HAIR OIL

A while ago I was offered a bottle of L'Oreal's New Extraordinary Oil to try out. Having quite dry, frizzy hair, I have wanted to give hair oils a go since all the hype erupted on beauty blogs and youtube videos, but my hair is fine and a heavy oil will instantly make it look greasy. I did my research and discovered lots of amazing reviews of this particular oil, all singing it's praises. The most important thing that I discovered for me, was that it was light weight and doesn't leave a greasy residue behind like some. After swotting up on it, I decided to take up the offer and give it a try.
L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil for Coloured Hair - £6.99 for 100ml at Semichem* (RRP £7.99)

The great thing about this oil is that you can use it in lots of different ways, whether your hair is wet or dry. I like to put one or two pumps on the ends of my hair before washing it, and leave it to soak in for ten minutes or so as my ends are particularly dry, wash my hair as normal and then sometimes run a small amount through the lower half whilst it's still damp. 
As I wear my hair curly most of the time now, I tend to scrunch it with my fingers and dry it upside down with the diffuser attachment on the dryer, so it is quick and means I don't have lot of heat damage from blow drying or using the straighteners. Once my hair is almost dry, I put the front sections in rollers and as I wash my hair at night, I then sleep with the rollers in. When I take the rollers out in the morning, I sometimes then add a third helping of the oil, again a very small amount, rub in in the palms of my hands and smooth down any frizzy or fly away hairs. 
After these two, sometimes three applications of the oil, my hair is soft, smooth and much healthier looking than it would be without, and amazingly it isn't greasy at all. I don't have to wash my hair again any sooner than I normally would, it doesn't weigh my hair down and you can't feel any product in the hair at all. My hair will always be slightly frizzy due to the natural curl and the way I style it, but this improves the look of it so much. 
Other things to mention are the scent, a gorgeous, light fragrance that is just noticeable so that you can smell it without being overpowering, and the packaging. The bottle is a sturdy glass that gives the product and elegant, expensive feel, and the pump is easy to use and mess free.
All in all I would highly recommend the L'oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil for Coloured Hair, and will definitely restock this when I run out (if that day ever comes as a little goes a long way!). I now have my mum pestering me to let her try it as she loves products like this, and I'm sure she won't be disappointed!

Have you used the L'Oreal hair oil? Check out Semichem to see a great range of women's hair care.

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. i used the l'oreal mythic oil and it didn't really do much for my hair! i much prefer moroccan oil, but may try this one if it's cheaper!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great. I have very curly dry hair so moroccan oil is amazing but it's so expensive, may pick this up to give it a try :)

    Ellie | Misseblog xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like this product because of ingredients, but I would like to recommend you pure oils- for example Cocount, sesame, argan, marula- they are helping to keep hair healthy and moisturing:-) You can buy them in shops with health food or natural cosmetics:-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This product has been on my wish list for a little while now. When I finish my Morroccan Oil I may pick this one up instead :)

    xx

    wearenouvellevague

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked this up a few months ago and I LOVE it! Highly recommend this. And it lasts forever!

    huntersandheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its hair oil sounds promising! gona try it! thanks for sharings.
    Jamaican Black Castor

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also use this product daily its result is nice and it make hair so soft. thank you for posting.
    20% "Mira hair oil reviews"

    ReplyDelete
  8. L'Oreal is always make great products. this product such a nice very effective and sound is good.
    Mira Hair Oil Review

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig