Friday, November 23, 2012

XMAS PARTY OUTFIT CHALLENGE WITH FASHIONVOUCHERS.COM + GLAMOROUS

You may have seen a couple of these competition posts doing the rounds lately, and that's because the lovely lot at Fashion Vouchers are holding a blogger competition to come up with the perfect party outfit under £100. I don't normally do these kind of posts but I thought I would give it a whirl and see what I could come up with! The idea of the competition is to pick a store listed in the Fashion Vouchers merchant list, and use items from only that store. You're outfit has to come to no more than £100, but you can use any active discount codes that may be listed for your chosen brand on the Fashion Vouchers site. I went with Glamorous as it's one of my go to online stores at the moment, so I knew I would find something, plus it is great value for money! Here is the look I have created:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4

First off let me say, this is a lot harder than you think it is. Finding a whole outfit, head to toe nowadays is tricky, so that is a challenge in itself. Luckily all the items that I chose came to £99.98, and then using a current voucher code for 20% off everything at Glamorous until the end of December (perfect for Christmas shopping!) I got it down to less than £80! Pretty proud of myself right now.
For me, Christmas party wear is all about the sparkle, so I went all out with a gorgeous sequin knit jumper (£29.99) and teamed it with the most amazing little pair of green high waist sequin shorts (£29.99) for a look Caroline Flack would be proud of. For accessories I wanted to keep it simple but statement, so went for a leather look oversized envelope clutch (£15.00) and finished off the outfit with some killer Lita-esque studded high heel lace up platform boots (£25.00).
Now that I've put all this together I actually want the whole outfit really badly. I'd wear this on a Christmas night out, or even at New year for something sparkly and cool without being overly dressed up. My kind of outfit!

If you'd like to enter the blogger's £100 Christmas Party Outfit competition, head on over to the Fashion Vouchers website to see how you can get involved!


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I really really love the shorts! Contemplating a purchase, they're such a cute colour!

    Elspeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig