Thursday, November 29, 2012

GHD STYLE + PROTECT GIFT SET

A couple of weeks back I was very kindly offered this ghd Style and Protect set to review, and being an avid ghd fan I jumped at the chance. You may all think that because I wear my hair curly most of the time, that I don't use ghds, but I do still occasionally turn to them to curl my hair believe it or not. I do have the Enrapture curlers which I use a lot more now, but my love for ghd products will never die (cue violins). I've tried a few of the ghd styling products in the past but have never had any stand out experiences with them. To me, all these lotions and potions tend to claim to do certain things but never actually work, so I was pleasantly surprised by this kit. 
 The set is obviously designed to be a gift set, ideal for Christmas presents, and contains a paddle brush, two hair clips, Straight & Smooth spray, and Final Shine spray. I must admit when I first saw the Straight & Smooth spray, I thought I wouldn't be able to get any use out of it as I always style my hair in curls. Turns out I was very wrong indeed!



The spray can be used in two ways, either on towel dried hair before drying, or on dry hair before heat styling. I've been using mine on dry hair before using my curlers and it helps give my curls a really smooth, sleek finish, so I can't recommend it enough! The other spray, Final Shine, does exactly what it says on the tin. You spray a light spritz of this onto your final style to add a bit of shine. Be careful with this one though as too much and you could end up with greasy hair, so a little goes a long way. 
The brush and clips are pretty self explanatory. I've got tonnes of these ghd clips already and I use them almost every day when separating sections of hair to style, or to keep my hair of my face whilst cleansing or doing my make up. The brush is solid and great quality, and leaves hair silky soft after use, so all in all, a big thumbs up for the whole kit. 
I'd recommend this set as a present for a sister or mum who likes to pamper herself this Christmas, as it's  great for the party season and for looking after your locks in the cold weather. It comes beautifully packaged and as you don't need a lot of each product, will last a long time. Snap yours up here

Massive thanks to Best British Bloggers for sending me this gorgeous gift set :)
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. ohh lovely gift set, that would make a nice christmas gift x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig