Saturday, December 01, 2012

IDEALO WINTER BOOTS CHALLENGE - DR MARTENS

I was recently asked to take part in a Winter Style Challenge by comparison site Idealo, where bloggers are asked to choose a pair of boots and work them into three outfits. Idealo have done some research into the average amount spent on a pair of Winter boots, and found that in February, it had dropped from £131 to £106. With that in mind, the budget for our boots was £106, so I got searching on the site to find a pair I could work with. Being a challenge, I wanted to pick something that you wouldn't normally see me in, so rather than the obvious Chelsea boots or little heeled ankle boots that I would usually wear, I opted for a pair of Dr Martens. Now those of you who have followed me for a while now, you will know how far away these are from my usual style, so this made the challenge more difficult! They arrived on my doorstep the other day, and this morning I got to work picking out three looks. Here goes!
Tunic (worn as top) - Topshop
Skirt - H&M
Parka - River Island
Hat - Forever 21

For the first outfit I wanted to work in a maxi skirt as I figured it's an item you wouldn't typically see worn with Dr Martens. I wore a floral tee to give a feminine feel to the masculine boots, and finished off with my plum floppy hat.


Crop Top - Illustrated People*
Disco Pants - Glamorous via Saints & Sinners Preston
Cardigan - Miss Selfridge via Debenhams*

This second look is a bit more chilled out and simple with a grey, black and white palette. I knew I wanted to do an outfit with my beloved Disco Pants, as I figured it would bring the boots bang up to date. I love this look and think it's my favourite of the three!


T Shirt - American Apparel
Skirt - COW Vintage
Cardigan - Topshop
Tights - Primark
Hat - Primark

Finally, for my third outfit I wanted to do something a little more girly, so I teamed the boots with a floral skater skirt and printed tee. This is the outfit I would say I'd be most likely to wear again, as it's the kind of thing I love to wear, and is perfect for a chilly Winter's day.
I've loved this style challenge and can safely say these babies will be popping up in my wardrobe a lot more now! If you'd like to grab yourself a pair, here is the link to the site they came from. Just want to say a huge thank you to Idealo for asking me to take part in this - I've really enjoyed playing dress up today!
What do you think of the looks I created? Would you wear Dr Martens?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love the 3rd outfit, it's so cute and really suits you :)
    Lauren
    thegirlwithtoomanyclothes.blogspot.co.uk
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all of your outfits! so, so pretty

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my xmas giveaway to win lots of presents from lush and more! it ends soon so click here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have these DMs! They are so easy to style!
    I love these outifts, I also love to style mine with disco pants :)

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these outfits, you rock disco pants so well! Last outfit is my fave <3 xx

    fridayisforeverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the second outfit :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE saints and sinners. didn't know they stocked glamorous though?! i might have to pop in and get some new disco pants.

    my favourite outfit's the second one :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig