Friday, November 02, 2012

KELLOGG'S + PHILIP ARMSTRONG

Yes, you read that right! I'm not making things up! Kellogg's, big time cereal brand have teamed up with Philip Armstrong, big time designer to create one of the quirkiest and creative collaborations I have seen in a long time. We all know and love Tony The Tiger, making Frosties famous for 60 years (They're Grrrrreat!) and I'm sure you're aware of his one and only fashion accessory - that red neck scarf. Well to celebrate the big six-oh, Kellogg's have joined forces with Philip Armstrong to redesign that very scarf and give it an oh-so-chic makeover.


I was lucky enough to be sent one of these scarves, after receiving a very cryptic email from the lovely people over at Kellogg's. I had no idea what it was I was being sent and only found out what it was when I opened the parcel. All I knew was that Kellogg's were doing a fashion collaboration, so you can imagine what bizarre things I was picturing in my head! When I opened the box I was pleasantly surprised and genuinely impressed at how good the ide and concept was (working in marketing makes me get all geeky over stuff like this!).


As I said, the design is by Philip Armstrong, hotshot womenswear designer who has dressed some of the biggest celebrities around the world (Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and J Lo to name a few), and now of course Tony the Tiger! Taking obvious influence from Tony's stripes, the scarf has a striped pattern of stunning shades of red and purple, perfect colours for this season. It also features two very distinct markings - the signature of Philip Armstrong and the paw print of Tony the Tiger.
If you would like to get your paws (sorry) on one of these scarves, they are available for £6.99 over at the Kellogg's pop up shop on eBay. Be quick though, as there are only 500 available as this is a limited edition product! What's more, all oroceeds will be donated to Fareshare food banks to provide 12,000 breakfasts to hungry school children across the UK. 
What are you waiting for!?

What do you think of Tony's new scarf? Will you be buying one?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig