Sunday, May 04, 2014

HOGHTON TOWER


Today Dan and I ventured out to Hoghton Tower, a stunning place in Preston that I've never visited in my twenty four years here! I wasn't too sure what to expect but had heard that the grounds were lovely, so armed with a pretty dress to wear, we decided it could be the perfect backdrop for some outfit shots. Hoghton Tower is set on the outskirts of Preston in Hoghton, near Bamber Bridge, and it's so beautiful! We didn't have any money with us at the time to go inside for a proper look, but we spent some time in the grounds and plan to go back in a couple of weeks to take my mum for afternoon tea in their tearooms. When you arrive you have to drive up a long private road that leads up to the tower entrance, and it was so pretty. It almost felt like driving on to the set of Harry Potter or a period drama as it was just so big and grand! 
As I said, I had a beautiful new dress to wear, which needed a pretty special backdrop, I think you'll agree! This summery collared number is by Great Plains and is the perfect addition to my Spring wardrobe. At first I was a little worried how to style a white dress as it's not something I'd usually wear, but teamed with a biker jacket and black cage heels to add a roughed up edge, it becomes the ideal transitional look.





















Dress - Great Plains*
Biker Jacket - Topshop (old)
Shoes - River Island
Bag - Urban Outfitters
Rings - Pandora, H&M, Topshop


I absolutely love the print of the dress. The little ropes are such a cute alternative to the usually ditsy floral prints, plus the fit is a dream! It is perfectly fitted at the top and then flares out at the waist into a 1940s-esque A Line that's fully lined and super floaty. I'd love to wear this for work with a pair of nude pointy heels and a chic little cardigan with my hair in a top knot! So sweet and versatile - my kind of dress!

In other news, I've had a pretty good Bank Holiday weekend so far. I had a stall at a brilliant Vintage Fair in Preston yesertday selling all my vintage clothes and handmade bits and bobs, and to top everything off, on Friday I found out that I'll be starting a brilliant new job in two weeks! It's been a pretty hectic few days, so it was nice to take some time out today with Dan and do some exploring. On the agenda tomorrow? Shopping for new work clothes of course!

How is your Bank Holiday shaping up? Have you been to Hoghton Tower in Preston?


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've never been but looks really pretty.
    Love this dress. Really lovely.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Claire. I love how you've toughened such a pretty and floaty dress up with your leather jacket, they make a perfect pair x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig